City Boy Stuck In The Suburbs is a story about a boy who lives his life as an urban kid, while living in the suburbs. Someday, the boy will grow up, and will be able to live in the big city, but until then...

Friday, August 28, 2009

One Sweater, A Million Different Ways To Wear It


One thing that I frequently notice while browsing through Fall and Winter sweaters, is that they are usually simple, clean, and I hate this word, but, plain. I personally enjoy wearing bare sweaters that are made of fine cashmeres and wools, but sometimes you find yourself looking for something that you know is not yourself, but it's something that you know can pull off while still feeling comfortable. I found that item while scrolling through one of my favorite female only fashion websites, Netaporter. I ended up fixated on this Markus Lupfer sweater known as the Laughing Lips. The Rolling Stone-esque design on the sweater was the first thing to catch my eye, but when I stared back again at the sweater I realized that it held the amazing qualities of other luxurious sweaters: the perfect fit, the luxurious knit, and the beautiful silhouette. The sweater is made out of 100% Merino Wool, which gives it a warm, soft, yet more structured feel to it. The sleeves are narrow, and hug the arms, and the sweater itself wraps around the body in a slim fit that's not tight, but at the same time it's not loose and baggy. I also researched in my mind how many different ways a person can wear this sweater, and I figured out that it can be worn with virtually anything due to it's slim cut. It would look simply dashing tucked into a high waisted leather skirt such as this skirt by Preen Line. It would also look great with a slim fitting jean, or a simple black legging. Even though it seems as if I love only this sweater, Markus Lupfer makes other cool and different motifs sewn onto other sweaters of theirs, such as the Queen of England. Wherever this upcoming season takes you, remember, step outside of your fashion box...you might surprise yourself.

XO XO,
-Steven

1 comment:

  1. Love the sweater Steven.
    Also I think I popped your comment virginity
    Hope it was good
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete