City Boy Stuck In The Suburbs is a story about a boy who lives his life as an urban kid, while living in the suburbs. Someday, the boy will grow up, and will be able to live in the big city, but until then...

Friday, August 28, 2009

It Fits Like A Glove




With leggings becoming more and more popular every year (it has taken 2 years and a lot of talk from my friend, Paige, to finally like leggings), I decided to research the perfect leggings. But what makes a perfect legging? I think that fit is a major concern when shopping for leggings. Most people will buy the easier to find and more popular lower rise legging that's simply cropped on the lower portion of the ankle. But what people may not realize is that a lower rise does not properly shape the butt, and cropped leggings are a thing of the past; full length leggings are the current trend, because they can be more perceived as an alternative to an actual pair of pants. With all of this in mind, I searched for more of a high waisted legging that would shape the body as if it were a pair of Spanx. In my search, I came across 3 completely different styles of leggings. The first pair of leggings I found, RM by Roland Mouret's Montana leggings, are a more modern approach to leggings and tights. What I liked about these leggings was the intricate crocodile print woven onto the wool, silk, and cashmere blended fabric. I also loved the dark purple color, because it is a step away from the typical black, yet it still matches with virtually anything without being too vibrant. Another amazing thing is the how it's finished on the bottom of the leg: no lace is used, and it ends with the just the right amount of minimal bunching. The second pair that I found, textured Yves Saint Laurent leggings, in my mind are the best pair of leggings that I found. Usually I am not a fan of the "plastic" look added to leggings, because they look and feel cheap, but these are a pair that give it a shiny look, but not enough to make it look like a plastic garbage bag. What I love about these leggings is its extreme attention to fit. The outline of kneecaps and the curviness of the waist is pre-designed within the leggings, so when you wear it, it fits like a glove. I also fell in love with the ruching at the leg. The final leggings I found were a pair of Alexander Wang ribbed leggings. Along with the other 2 pairs that I researched, this pair of leggings has a great high waisted fit to it. What makes this pair different, though, is it's amazing curved ribbed pattern to it that makes the leg appear skinnier than it actually is. This great illusion makes them a great investment for future use, because you know that even on a "fat day" you'll look good. Please remember when trying leggings on, make sure that you have somebody with you to help you decide if those pairs are right for you.

XO XO,
-Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment